Sunday, July 7, 2013

Getting Prepared

So as many of you know I am readily preparing for Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I am so excited, it's beyond words. I have been reading and cooking and playing with new recipes and finding out so much about myself! So I have to give a lot of credit to my new best friend, Gwyneth Paltrow... yes, I said it, Gwyneth. She has helped me on my new health extravaganza in so many ways due to her new cookbook It's All Good. I was told by others that this book did not get great reviews, that apparently Oprah didn't like it.... whatever. I love it! It's all clean eating, teaching you basic kitchen skills, ingredients I have never used before, and it has pretty pictures. I have avoided dairy for the most part for a year and a half. I am alwasy playing with food and finding the best alternative to fit my lifestyle and most of all, my digestive system. It's not just about eating in moderation, but more about creating an awareness around what foods make you feel a certain way. Anyway, the following is what I ate today :) Maybe it will provide a little inspiration for you as well!

Breakfast: Creamy Avocado and Cacao Smoothie (credit to Gwyneth)
1 whole Avocado
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon raw cacao
1 cup coconut water
1 cup almond milk
blend and drink!

Lunch: Veggie Dumplings (from yesterday, also credit to Gwyneth)
Refer to It's All Good or email me at clareandrsn@gmail.com for this recipe, however I HIGHLY recommend buying the cookbook :)

Dinner: Garden Salad with Tofu
Leafy greens- kale, green, and a third of your choice
Chopped basil
Sliced yellow pear tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes
3 thinly sliced pieces of tofu- fry in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until golden brown
Thinly sliced red onion- sautee in extra virgin olive oil until crispy
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to top

Yummy after-dinner smoothie:
1 tablespoon almond butter
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon raw cacao
1.5 cups almond milk
blend and drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment